Because of the risk of the rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus, and the need to protect all members of the community, the New Jersey Department of Health (DOH) is providing the following guidance regarding visitations during the upcoming holiday season.
- The DOH is strongly recommending against families taking residents out of the facility for holiday celebrations or gatherings.
- Instead of family visits outside of the facility, the DOH recommends:
- Scheduled visits at the facility outside as the weather permits or inside the facility as space permits.
- Increase virtual communication in lieu of in person visitations.
- Families that opt to bring residents to gatherings outside of the facility MUST follow all recommended infection prevention measures when gathering during the holidays, including social distancing, hand hygiene and wearing a cloth face covering or face mask.
- Families that plan to take their family members out of the facility should plan in advance of the event.
- Contact Social Services at 908-276-7100 ext to 3021 to sign up to take the family member out of the facility, indicate the number of days they will be out and who they will be staying with.
- Upon return to the facility the patient will be quarantined for 14 days.
- Any changes to the schedule must be made at least 36 hours in advance and are contingent on the availability of space to quarantine
This “new normal” that we are all being forced to live with is not optimal for any of us. We encourage you to virtually visit with your loved ones or arrange for visits here at the facility rather than risk infection by taking them out.
Please know we are doing everything we can to keep our residents safe and happy everyday.
All The Best
Mordy Kraus, Administrator